How do you know if your student is on the right path? SAGE organized this evening focused on ensuring that advanced students get on the correct pathway to reach their goals. The sessions included secondary course selection advice.
Did you miss the event?
VIDEO: Click above to watch the video, or click here to watch it on YouTube.
SLIDESHOW 1: Counselors’ Presentation about Top Tier Colleges.
SLIDESHOW 2: Charting Your Course
Our audience had many questions answered at the event. Here is a followup question and answer:
Is there a list somewhere of high school clubs? If a club I’m interested in did not exist, could I start one? If so, how?
- CHHS – At CHHS we have a place on the CHHS school webpage that says “activities” tab at the top that will direct them to many of the clubs. We are constantly revamping this and updating them. To begin a club they have to find a teacher sponsor and administer approval. We also have “involvement fairs” every semester during all lunches where clubs will set up stands to promote membership.
- GHS – All of the clubs and activities are listed under the “Activities” tab on the GHS website. If a student would like to start a new club at GHS he/she would need to contact Catherine Henry, Assistant Principal.
The event was Tuesday, January 24, 2017, at the Professional Development & Education Center, 5800 Colleyville Blvd.
5:30 p.m. Family Social & Brown Bag Dinner. Bring dinner for your family and eat and socialize with other SAGE members. Get to know your GT community!
6:00 p.m. General Session:
- Counseling Services for GT Families, Emberly Hill, GCISD Director of Counseling
- Top Tier Universities, Secondary School Counselors, GCISD
6:30 p.m. Breakout Sessions, 30 minutes each:
- Student & Parent Insights: A panel of Juniors, Seniors and parents will share about their college search. Q&A.
- College Admissions Process: Karen Dillard, College Prep, will talk about navigating admissions and the SAT/ACT.
- High School Counselor Q&A: Ask a question of Emberly Hill, GCISD Director of Counseling, and the secondary counselors.
This event was FREE for SAGE members or $5 at the door for non-members.