As a non-profit organization, GC-SAGE Membership dues and donations are all used to fund programs, events and grants to directly support the GT community within GCISD.
It’s always nice to reflect on what we’ve accomplished as an organization, and help you see all the ways SAGE is supporting the schools and advocating for students, families and educators in the district.
- North Texas Giving Day, raised $1,945 last year.
- Dinner’s On Us Fundraiser and social at Sloan and Williams to deliver meals to teach staff as an end-of-year show of appreciation.
- Dinner’s on Us Gift cards for ASPIRE and GT Lead teachers to restaurants of their choosing.
- Recognized 9 educators with Educator of the Month awards
- Fulfilled more than $1,500 in teacher grants
- Senior Scholarship, awarded to Jessie Farbisz, June 2022
- Purchased classroom books for Cross Timbers Middle School
- Purchased technology through a grant for high school Government/Economics classes
- Funded a teacher grant for Kathleen Weidler, English teacher at GHS, allowing her AP English Literature students the opportunity to explore rhythm and meter in poetry through dance. The students thoroughly enjoyed their experience learning from the professional dancers that joined them! This hands-on (or feet-on) experience cemented the lessons on poetry analysis in a unique way!
- Your Future, Your Path: Career Conversations with People Who Found the Right Fit.
Last year, we hosted 2 speakers giving students and families a chance to hear from individuals who work in a variety of fields.
- Patrick Hudson, co-founder and CEO of Robot Entertainment, spoke about career opportunities in the video game industry.
- Carolyn Wolfman-Estrada, an iPhone Engineering Program Manager at Apple, spoke about careers in engineering program management, and shared about her time at CHHS, college, and in various internships.