One of SAGE’s key focus areas is to support the teachers of gifted students in our classrooms, specifically those who have purposeful clusters or self-contained classrooms of gifted students. We are proud to provide grants for classroom teachers and staff who support these teachers.
With the success of the GT student in mind, we love to partner with teachers to help parents and the community understand the world of gifted education. It’s our mission. Scroll through our events and accomplishments, and you’ll see a long history of activities supporting GT students, their teachers and families.
Join SAGE for free through September!
Educator Grants and Awards
Apply and/or nominate a colleague for this $500 award honoring one of the original educators supporting SAGE in its formative days.
For classroom materials or conference/training registrations.
Some of our SAGE Campus Representatives are interested in supporting their campuses with fundraisers specifically for classroom materials for your specific classroom or campus. For now, there is not a deadline to apply; we will approve these on an rolling basis. Please connect with your SAGE Campus Representative if you are interested. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
For SAGE’s teachers of gifted students: What you are wishing for? Create an Amazon wish list, or Donors Choose page (or similar) wish list, and let us know about it.
GT Educator of the Month
- SAGE Educators of the Month: Daniel Adkins and Lynette Hollinger
- SAGE Educator of the Month: Tim Bressler
- SAGE Educator of the Month: Ciera Still
- Educators of the Month: GCISD!
- Educator of the Month: GCISD Nutrition Services
- Educator of the Month: GCISD Instructional Technology Team
- GT Educator of the Month: Tarianne Johnson, Bus Driver, ASPIRE Route
- GT Educator of the Month: Jane Simmons, Heritage Elementary
- GT Educator of the Month: Timothy Spitsberg, CTMS ASPIRE Humanities 7th
- GT Educator of the Month: Neely Carter, iUniversity Prep
- GT Educators of the Month: Melanie Gable & Lori Kirkhuff
- GT Educator of the Month: Ashley White, CHHS Learning Liaison
- GT Educator of the Month: Sterling Bristow
- GT Educator of the Month: Cheryl Taliaferro, ASPIRE Middle at Cross Timbers
- GT Educator of the Month: Jon Turner, CHHS
- GT Educator of the Month: Kim Gale, GT Specialist, Dove Elementary
- GT Educator of the Month: Debbie Lewis
- GT Educator of the Month: Shelley Ingram
- GT Educator of the Month: Colleen Patton
- GT Educator of the Month: Sheri Robbins
- GT Educator of the Month: Crystall Petersen
- GT Educator of the Month: Melanie Gable
- GT Educator of the Month: Travis Sampson
- GT Educator of the Month: Gina Ballweg
- GT Educator of the Month: Jennifer Spence
- GT Educator of the Month: Jill Parker
- GT Educator of the Month: Angie Connell
- GT Educator of the Month: Will Boykin
- GT Educator of the Month: Meagan Pryor
- GT Educator of the Month: Gypsy Mishoe
- GT Educator of the Month: Wynette Griffin
- GT Educator of the Month: Kami Anderson
Educator News / Archive
- Sherry Hamilton Memorial GT Educator Award Application Process is Now Open
- A warm welcome to our new GT Educators ~ Fall 2020
- SAGE awards Stephenie Miller a GT Educator Grant to attend the Gifted+Equity summer conference
- SAGE GT Educator Grants – Winter 2019
- Educator Grants for Baylor GT Conference 2019
- GT Educator Grant Recipients, August 2019
- Summer 2019 GT Educator Grants
- giftED18 Highlights from TAGT’s conference in Fort Worth
- Spring 2018 SAGE Educator Grants
- Announcing the Sherry Hamilton Memorial Grant for Gifted Educators
TAGT Annual Conference
SAGE is pleased to provide educator scholarships to the Texas Association for the Gifted & Talented Annual Conference. This conference is a valuable workshop designed to help train educators on the unique needs of gifted children in the classroom. Teachers were able to apply for scholarships and were selected based on their need (G/T teachers, classroom teachers with large clusters of G/T students, etc.).
Awarded in 2018:
- Ten Grants awarded to cover the registration fee for ten educators from Grapevine-Colleyville ISD; awarded to the Department of Advanced Academics
Awarded in 2017:
- Angie Connell (Heritage Elem)
Awarded in 2014:
- Cindy Garcia (Grapevine Elem)
- Karen Redmon (Grapevine Elem)
- Lauren Smith (Colleyville Middle)
Awarded in 2012:
- Lisa Smith (Cross Timbers Middle)
- Jami Fabian (Heritage Elem)
- Judy Hockenbrough (Cannon Elem)
- Nicole Horn (Dove Elem)
- Lori Kirkhuff (Bransford Elem)