RECAP of Pathways to College
How do you know if your student is on the right path? SAGE’s Pathways to College event focused on ensuring that advanced students get on the correct pathway to reach their goals. The sessions included secondary course selection advice.
RECAP of Brown Bag
SAGE Members got an in-depth look at E2 “Enrichment and Extension” presented by GCISD Director of Advanced Academics Becky Manning.
SAGE Sent 7 Teachers to TAGT
Your paid SAGE membership and participation in our fundraising events help fund grants like these. Thank you!
- GT Educator of the Month: Meagan Pryor
- GT Educator of the Month: Gypsy Mishoe
- Jan. 24, 2017 “Pathways to College” Event
- Dec. 15 BJ’s Brewhouse Fundraiser
- Dec. 1: Chipotle Fundraiser
- Share your expertise and alma mater with GT kids
- GT Educator of the Month: Wynette Griffin
- Nov. 15 Brown Bag: E2 “Enrichment & Extension” Initiative
- GT Teacher of the Month: Kami Anderson
- Oct. 12: SAGE Speaker Series and Family Social: The Doc Smitty
What is SAGE?
Supporting and Advocating for Gifted Education — our name says it all. We bring a unified voice to the gifted children of our area. Learn more.
SAGE has had a great five years! We have seen many improvements in GT education at GCISD during that time. We have seen increased collaboration with Advanced Academics and Counseling, improved training for GT teachers, and improved identification of GT students. The ASPIRE Academy was formed and expanded to middle school, GT sections of AP courses were added all the way through the 12th grade, the new E2 initiative for extending learning is underway, and the AP Capstone designation will go into effect next year. SAGE was there every step of the way working with the administration, supporting the teachers and parents, and advocating for the kids!
In addition, SAGE also provided the following:
- Brown Bag sessions
- Coffees with district personnel
- Outside speakers
- Sage Showcase
- Summer Spotlight
- Integrating campus representatives at each school
- Collaborating with teacher representatives at each school
With your support, we can continue to expand these efforts. We will be working to ensure that there is a clear plan for GT students that will provide them with a challenge, allow them to reach their potential, carry them through high school graduation, and prepare them well for college. We are working to ensure that we have an accurate way of measuring the progress of GT students to assess the effectiveness of their learning. We will also share experiences and best practices with other districts and across campuses to enable consistent opportunities for exceptional education for all our GT students.
We are excited about the opportunities for this year and invite you to take this journey with us and help us to continue making Grapevine Colleyville the BEST destination for GT education.