January 24: Pathways to College
RECAP of Brown Bag
SAGE Members got an in-depth look at E2 “Enrichment and Extension” presented by GCISD Director of Advanced Academics Becky Manning.
Join SAGE Today!
Join SAGE for the first time, or renew your annual membership. Together, with your membership, we can support and advocate for all gifted children in our community.
- GT Educator of the Month: Gypsy Mishoe
- Jan. 24, 2017 “Pathways to College” Event
- Dec. 15 BJ’s Brewhouse Fundraiser
- Dec. 1: Chipotle Fundraiser
- Share your expertise and alma mater with GT kids
- GT Educator of the Month: Wynette Griffin
- Nov. 15 Brown Bag: E2 “Enrichment & Extension” Initiative
- GT Teacher of the Month: Kami Anderson
- Oct. 12: SAGE Speaker Series and Family Social: The Doc Smitty
- Sept. 30: Colleyville Middle Coffee Chat
What is SAGE?
Supporting and Advocating for Gifted Education — our name says it all. We bring a unified voice to the gifted children of our area. Learn more.
There were many changes that took place in Advanced Academics last school year: the implementation of the new weighting system at the high schools, the hiring of a new Advanced Academics Director, the finalization of plans for the ASPIRE Academy expansion to middle school, the increased collaboration between Advanced Academics and Counseling, the improved training for GT teachers, and the improved identification of GT students. SAGE was there every step of the way working with the administration, supporting the teachers and parents, and advocating for the kids.
In addition, SAGE also worked on the following:
- Brown Bag sessions
- Coffee with district personnel
- Outside speakers
- Sage Showcase
- Summer Spotlight
- Integrating campus representatives at each school
- Collaborating with teacher representatives at each school
With your support, we can continue, and expand, these efforts. We will be working to ensure that there is a clear plan for GT students that will provide them with a challenge, allow them to reach their potential, carry them through high school graduation, and prepare them well for college. We will also be working to share experiences and best practices with other districts and across campuses to enable consistent opportunities for exceptional education for all our GT students.
We are excited about the opportunities for this year and invite you to take this journey with us and help us to continue making Grapevine Colleyville the BEST destination for GT education.