SAGE encourages Campus Representatives to rally the community at their campuses to support their gifted educators, students, and families.
SAGE Campus Representatives can request SAGE’s assistance in raising funds for specific gifted education activities and materials at their campus.
The contact person for a campus fundraising effort is the SAGE Campus Representative. Please submit this request well in advance of your need, so our volunteer Board has time to review it and ask questions.
Funds will be raised only for items specifically related to activities for gifted students at your school, and that are not covered by the school’s budget.
Funds raised by a Campus in a school year should be spent by the last day of that school year, or earmarked for spending within the next school year. Funds not spent or earmarked will be returned to the SAGE general fund on the last day of the school year.
Describe the item(s) you plan to purchase with the funds you raise. Provide a full description with links, if possible.
Fundraiser Goal: $ Amount
Please state how much you are needing to fundraise to cover the purchase of the item(s)
Type of fundraiser:
- Donors directly contribute donations to SAGE via the SAGE online store
- Restaurant dining fundraiser facilitated by SAGE
Provide details and specific ideas for your fundraiser.
- Campus Name
- SAGE Campus Representative’s Name
- Educator’s Name and Email Address
- Educator’s Title / Grade Level / Subject (etc)
- Principal’s Name and Email Address
- Both the Educator and Principal listed above have approved this fundraiser idea.
- I agree to the fundraiser guidelines stated above, and understand that my Campus keeps 80% and SAGE keeps 20% of funds raised.
- Indicate your agreement to to communicate how the fundraising money was spent to SAGE teachers and parents. Check the items you would consider doing — or you are invited to think of another creative way to share about your experience:
- Present to SAGE members (formal or informal presentation; does not have to be long)
- Make a 2- to 5- minute video
- Send photos with captions of students using the classroom materials
- Write a few paragraphs that we can post in our discussion forum or in a newsletter.
Dividing the funds raised:
– 80% of the funds raised will go toward item(s) purchased for the Campus
– 20% of the funds raised will go back to the SAGE general fund and spent on SAGE’s organizational goals of supporting and advocating for gifted education throughout our district and area.
– Items purchased will belong to the Campus
– Donations to SAGE are tax-deductible
– The SAGE online store can track donations
– SAGE can purchase items tax-free
– SAGE will promote your fundraiser to the entire GT community
Please note: In addition to Campus Fundraisers, SAGE offers grants for classroom materials and teacher training; an educator of gifted students may apply for a SAGE grant.
The decision to approve and/or cancel a fundraiser is up to the discretion of the SAGE Executive Board.
Email questions to email@example.com.