SAGE — Supporting and Advocating for Gifted Education — is a Grapevine/Colleyville Gifted & Talented (G/T) support group that collaborates with parents and educators to ensure that gifted children in our community reach their fullest potential.
How does a SAGE membership benefit you?
- A SAGE Membership is a family membership — all members of one family can attend meetings under the same membership. (We also offer free Educator Memberships.)
- A SAGE Membership includes a Parent Affiliate Membership in the Texas Association for the Gifted and Talented (TAGT) — a $15 value.
- Members get free admission to SAGE’s monthly events that focus on parenting and teaching exceptional students.
- SAGE Campus Representatives will invite you to GT family events, where you can network with parents, teachers, principals and counselors.
- We’ll send you the monthly SAGE e-newsletter with the latest news that affects your gifted student. Plus, SAGE keeps close tabs on the Texas Legislature’s plans to fund gifted programs.
- Be part of SAGE’s network. Join or renew today!
- Our mission is to ensure gifted children in the Grapevine/Colleyville area reach their fullest potential by advocating on their behalf; connecting parents to valuable resources and to each other; and by educating and supporting their teachers and administrators.
SAGE Goals for 2019-2020
- SAGE educates our community about giftedness.
- SAGE promotes “well-being” in addition to academic achievement, and aims to help gifted & talented (GT) students learn to self-advocate.
- SAGE supports all GT students. We also recognize unique needs of three particular segments of our gifted population: twice-exceptional (2e), under-identified populations, and the highly gifted.
- SAGE recognizes outstanding students and educators in our gifted community.
- SAGE continues to build our solid network of involved and informed GT advocates.
- SAGE began in the fall of 2010 by a group of parents of gifted students in the gifted pull-out program then known as PAT. The parents came together from across GCISD to raise awareness of the unique needs of gifted students.
- 2011 brought our first annual membership drive, an expansion to include middle and high school families, and the chance to bring a unified voice to the gifted children of our area.
- Working in partnership with the district, members of our leadership team are serving on various district committees and are committed to advocating on behalf of these children.
Below are examples of our frequent events. Click here for the latest announcements about upcoming events. Join SAGE to get our newsletter with lots of information.
- Speaker Series: Special speakers on topics pertinent to gifted education are scheduled throughout the year.
- Brown Bags and Coffee Chats are usually presentations with a Q&A, or informal conversations with a guest speaker.
- Summer Spotlight is our annual vendor fair for DFW-area camps, classes, and online learning. Local school districts, colleges and educational vendors will be represented. Browse exhibitors’ promotional materials and ask questions directly to representatives.
- Showcase offers GT students to display their science, visual arts and literary works.
- Community events in recent years include an area-wide TAGT Family Fun Night and a collaboration with Southlake to bring in Julie Lythcott-Haims.
These events are usually open to everyone with a charge at the door for non-members — and free to SAGE members! Join today.